Areas of Practice
- Professional Liability
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1977
- St. Thomas University, St. Paul, MN, 1969
- Federal Trial Bar in the United States Districts Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
Mr. Tunney is a partner of the firm. He is a trial attorney with a primary emphasis in the areas of professional liability defense, commercial litigation, insurance coverage disputes and general negligence litigation.
Professional Association Involvement
- Mr. Tunney has been a member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC) since 1980. He was a founding member of the IDC Trial Academy and served as a faculty member for several years. He also served as a member of the IDC Board of Directors from 1987-1996, and as president from 1997-1998. He received the DRI Exceptional Performance Citation in 1998 for his work on behalf of the IDC.
- He has been a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA) since 1986. He has served the organization as chairman of the Annual Convention in 1998, chairman of the CLE Committee in 1999 and as president from 2000-2001.
- He is also a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and served on its board of directors from 1999-2002. He serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Awards & Distinctions
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2005-2012, 2015-2017)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (since 2006)
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law
- Personal Injury Defense Law: General
- Professional Malpractice Defense Law: Including Legal/Technical/Financial
- AV Preeminent® Attorneys by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (since 2015)
- Mr. Tunney has lectured on the subject of the defense of professional and other liability exposures for the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; the Excess and Surplus Lines Claims Association; and, the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys.