Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- Northern Illinois University, B.A. in Communication Studies, 1985
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Tammera E. Banasek focuses her practice on the litigation of professional and general liability cases, with an emphasis on the defense of complex medical, dental, and nursing home issues. She also has experience with product liability and AIDS litigation defense and regularly speaks and publishes in the areas of medical and dental malpractice.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Banasek had eight years of experience as a senior litigation paralegal.
- Chicagoland Healthcare Risk Management Society
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Trial Lawyer Excellence 2012 Award, Jury Verdict Reporter
- Outstanding Defense Verdict – Dental Malpractice (2012)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Moot Court Team
Published Legal Writing
- “How to be Thankful When Settling a Wrongful Death Claim,” Medical Malpractice Update, IDC Quarterly, Vol. 27, No.1 (2017). (Co-author)
- “Failure to Diagnose and Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer: Medicolegal Issues,” The Journal of the American Dental Association (2009). (Co-author with HB Partner Linda J. Hay)
- Regular columnist, “Legalities,” Woman Dentist Journal (2006 to 2009).
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “Providing Testimony and the Duty to Warn,” Saint Joseph Medical Center (Chicago IL, 2006).
- “Running from Risk: Behavioral Health Concerns,” Westlake Medical Center (Maywood IL, 2006).
- “Informed Consent: Understanding the Risks,” Holy Family Medical Center staff (Des Plaines IL, 2005).