St. Louis, MO
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort
- St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- University of Iowa, B.A. in Linguistics, with high distinction, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Central District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Missouri
Benjamin J. Wilson focuses his practice on complex defense litigation, including asbestos and other toxic torts. He is also a member of HeplerBroom's federal practice group.
Before joining HeplerBroom, Mr. Wilson had over three years of experience in federal court. He started as an intern and later served as a judicial law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois.
Before entering the legal profession, Mr. Wilson was the manager of public relations at one of the world's leading scientific-software companies, headquartered in Champaign, Illinois. The company had over a million customers, offices in the United Kingdom and Japan, and business partners around the world.
- Association of the Bar of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Board of Directors
- Newsletter Editor
- The Historical Society of the United States Courts in the Eighth Circuit
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- 2013 Ladas Memorial Award for best original article on the subject of trademarks (See The Mark of a Resold Good in Published Legal Writing)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Alpha Sigma Nu honor society
- Balfour Scholarship Award
- Order of the Woolsack
- Phi Delta Phi (International Legal Honor Society)
- St. Louis University Law Student Ambassador
- St. Louis University Public Law Review
- Managing Editor
- Awarded Best Student Comment for article
- Student Legal Writers' Association
Published Legal Writing
- “Chapter 21 – Costs on Appeal,” Eighth Circuit Appellate Practice Manual (8th ed.), eds. David F. Herr, Eric J. Magnuson, Michael E. Gans, Dana L. Oxley, Jon Schmidt & Aaron Van Oort (2018). Co-author with the Hon. Mary R. Vasaly.
- “The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Social Media,” Newsletter of the Bar Association of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit Bar (Spring 2017). (Read here.)
- “Trademark Exhaustion and the Internet of Resold Things,” Research Handbook on Intellectual Property Exhaustion and Parallel Imports, eds. Irene Calboli and Edward Lee, Edward Elgar Publishing (2016). Co-author with Prof. Yvette Liebesman.
- “Lu Junhong: The Seventh Circuit Stirs the Waters of Maritime Removals,” IDC Quarterly (Vol. 25, No. 4, 2015). (Read here.)
- “The Mark of a Resold Good,” 20 George Mason Law Review 157 (Fall 2012). Republished in 56 Computer Law Reporter 555 (2013) and in 4 The Trademark Reporter 103 (2013). Co-author with Prof. Yvette Liebesman.
- “Notice, Takedown, and the Good-Faith Standard: How to Protect Internet Users from Bad-Faith Removal of Web Content,” 29 St. Louis University Public Law Review 613 (2010).