- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2009
- Tulane University, B.S. in Psychology, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
Whitney L. Burkett is a defense attorney who began her career defending various types of personal injury litigation. She has since honed her practice to focus primarily on the defense of medical negligence and products liability actions in catastrophic personal injury cases. She also has experience defending medical device, transportation, premises liability, and long-term care matters
- Chicagoland Healthcare and Risk Management Society
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Intellectual Property Law Society
- Student Bar Association
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- "How Witness Effectiveness Training Affects Your Bottom Line,” Chicagoland Healthcare and Risk Management Society Spring Meeting (2021).
Representative/Recent Case Results
- Settled multiple medical negligence cases for long-term care facilities, individual medical providers, and hospital clients for less than 40% of original demand.
- Obtained settlement of products liability action on behalf of builder of sporting/recreational equipment for less than claimed damages.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of transportation client in case where Plaintiff alleged negligence because driver did not properly secure him to wheelchair during transport.