Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort
- University of Florida-Gainesville, J.D., with Honors, 1989
- University of Florida-Gainsville, M.F.A. in Theatre Arts, 1997
- University of Florida-Gainesville, B.A. in Political Science, 1983
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Western District of Missouri
Carl P. McNulty is in the firm’s litigation group, focusing his practice in the area of toxic torts. Since 2004 he has been heavily immersed in the Madison County and St. Louis asbestos litigation circuit.
Throughout his 20-plus years as an attorney, McNulty has developed a proficiency in numerous areas of civil litigation in addition to toxic torts, including bankruptcy, commercial litigation, premises liability, workers compensation, and FELA (railroad) litigation. He has been involved in all facets of litigation, including trials, appeals, hearings, depositions of both expert and fact witnesses, mediations, and drafting of pleadings, motions, and appellate briefs.
Mr. McNulty spent the first part of his legal career in Florida, working in the areas of bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
- The Missouri Bar
- The Florida Bar
- Actors’ Equity Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- American Jurisprudence Book Award for Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
Representative/Recent Case Results Associations
- Secured summary judgment for corporation in asbestos product liability case filed in St. Louis City.
- Defended international company in premises liability actions filed against major Florida hotels.
- Secured injunction against former employee’s use of corporate trade secrets and customer lists.
- Successfully defended Ponzi scheme investors in fraudulent transfer actions brought by trustee for the bankruptcy estate of the Ponzi scheme perpetrator.
- Prepared and successfully negotiated confirmation of creditor plan of reorganization in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a major Florida-based communications company.