The construction process becomes more challenging daily. New construction techniques, relationships on the job site, contract issues and terms, insurance coverage and risk transfer issues, and a host of other “risk” items have to be recognized and addressed.
Our attorneys successfully guide clients through this maze, helping them achieve growth and success. How? Through our experience, team work, and innovative ideas and planning.
HeplerBroom’s Construction Law and Litigation group provides counseling and representation from the bid/planning phase through the close of the project and beyond. Our attorneys have vast, broad, and practical experience in construction law. We know how to negotiate equitable divisions of project risk. We assist our clients in developing administrative procedures to govern projects through conclusion, helping them complete their projects safely, on time, and within budget. If litigation becomes necessary, our firm helps you navigate the process efficiently and effectively, finding the most cost-effective and creative resolution possible.
We regularly represent local, state, regional, and national construction firms and their insurers in the day-to-day issues they face in the ever-changing commercial construction arena. We’ve served as general counsel for commercial construction companies, as well as national coordinating and oversight counsel for general liability claims for a Fortune 500 company. Our firm has handled numerous cases involving all aspects of the construction industry, including:
- mechanic's liens
- surety bond and delay claims
- general liability claims involving bodily injury, product failure, and construction defect
- malpractice claims against constructors, architects, engineers, insurance brokers/producers, and other project professionals
- contract drafting, negotiations, and claims, including document management, accounting, and audit procedures
- critical insurance coverage and risk transfer matters, ranging from contract/“insured contract” issues to additional insured coverages and tenders
HeplerBroom’s Construction Law and Litigation group has the knowledge and experience to address any issue that comes up. That’s how we help our clients obtain optimal results.