Areas of Practice
- Medical & Dental Malpractice
- Nursing Home
- Saint Louis University, J.D. 2002
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Bachelor of Arts in Radio-Television, cum laude, 1992
- United States District Courts for the
- Southern District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Missouri
Dede K. Zupanci focuses her practice on healthcare defense litigation and regulatory matters, including:
- Physician & nursing professional liability
- Hospital premises liability
- Nursing license disciplinary actions
- Hospital regulation and compliance
Ms. Zupanci has represented clients in Illinois and Missouri, including metropolitan and rural hospitals, as well as nurses and physicians.
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2017-2018)
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Rising Star (2012)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association Scholarship
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review
- Notes and Comments
- Saint Louis University School of Law Scholarship
Published Legal Writing
- The Right to Privacy v. The Right to Assistance of Counsel: Balancing the Petrillo Doctrine in Medical Malpractice Cases,” IDC Quarterly (1st Quarter 2017). (Co-author with HeplerBroom associate attorney Leslie Odom)
- “The Relevancy of a Medical Expert's Own Personal Practice,” IDC Quarterly (4th Quarter 2016).
- “Klaine v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services: Are Hospital Credentialing Files Discoverable?” IDC Quarterly (2nd Quarter 2016).
- “The Liability Relationship between Initial and Successive Tortfeasors,” IDC Quarterly (4th Quarter 2015).
- “Hospital Vicarious Liability at Trial: A Review of Proper Jury Instructions,” IDC Quarterly (2nd Quarter 2015).
For a complete listing of Published Legal Writing, see attached.
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and Ending the Physician-Patient Relationship,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2016)
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and the Importance of Charting in Litigation,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2015)
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and Medical Charting Pitfalls,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2015)
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2014)
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and Medicare Fraud Overview,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2013)
For a complete listing of Legal Lectures & Presentations, see attached.