Areas of Practice
- Toxic Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Defense
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., English, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Ms. McLain is a partner in the Chicago office. She focuses her litigation practice on the defense of corporate clients in toxic tort and general liability cases, as well as the defense of nursing homes, nurses, and other medical personnel in medical negligence cases. She has coordinated the discovery responses and corporate representative depositions of multiple asbestos clients, negotiated settlements, prepared and argued motions, and managed the trial preparation of hundreds of cases. She successfully argued an appeal before the Illinois Second District Appellate Court and has tried multiple medical negligence cases to defense verdicts in Illinois.
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal
Professional Association Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Chicago Hospital Risk Management Society
Awards & Distinctions
- Illinois Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2014-2017)
- Dina L. Torrisi and Edna L. McLain, “The Scope of the ‘Sufficiently Close Relationship’ Test: How Porter v. Decatur Is Changing the Landscape of Relation Back,” 21 Ill. Assoc. of Defense Trial Counsel Quarterly 44 (2011).
- Dina L. Torrisi and Edna L. McLain, “Silencing the Dead: Invoking and Avoiding the Pitfalls of the Dead Man’s Act,” 23 Ill. Assoc. of Defense Trial Counsel Quarterly 41 (2013).
- Edna L. McLain and Zeke N. Katz, “Clash of the Titans: The Interaction of the Wrongful Death Act, Statute of Repose, Statute of Limitations and the Discovery Rule,” 26 Ill. Assoc. of Defense Trial Counsel Quarterly (2016).
- Cook County Case No. 11 L 1054 (September 12, 2011) - defense verdict after retrial
- Appellate Court of Illinois Second District, Case No. 2-11-0774 (May 31, 2012)
- Kane County Case No. 09 L 541 (September 10, 2012) – defense verdict
- Winnebago County Case No. 12 L 137 (September 29, 2014) – defense verdict
- Cook County Case No. 09 L 7740 (March 31, 2015) – defense verdict