Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign, B.A. in English, 1997
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Western District of Missouri
Eric P. Hall focuses his practice on trials involving complex business litigation matters including toxic torts, product liability, and personal injury.
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Madison County Bar Association
- Songwriters Guild of America
- Voting Member of The Recording Academy (GRAMMYS)
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America (2018-2019)
- Illinois Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2013-2014)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2018-2019)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Editor, Southern Illinois University Law Review
- Mr. Hall devotes his time to providing pro bono legal assistance to area amateur boxers and trainers.
Published Legal Writing
- “Vanquishing the Reptile and Using the Reverse Reptile Strategy,” IDC Quarterly (2nd Quarter 2016). (Read here.)
- “It Runs in the Family: Genetics and Cancer,” The Illinois Manufacturer (Summer 2012).
- “Erionite: And You Thought Crocidolite Was Bad?” DRI Asbestos Medicine (Nov. 2008). (Co-Author)
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “When the Dust Settles on Music and the Law,” DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (Austin TX) (2018)
- “Debunking the ‘Reptile’ Strategy,” Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar (Orlando FL, 2017)
- “Current Trends in Medical Defenses & Trial Strategy in Asbestos Litigation,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2015).
- “Frye & Daubert: Issues on Admissibility of Expert Testimony,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2014).
- “Developing a Corporate Story and Defending Against a State-of-the-Art Expert,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2013).
- “Expert Witnesses: The Key to the Case and Discovery and Evidence in Toxic Tort Cases,” National Business Institute, Inc. (2013).
- “Erionite: Are We Finished Talking Turkey?” Included in Talc, Erionite and Zeolite: Contamination and Alternative Exposures – Not Always What They Seem, DRI Asbestos Medicine (Nov. 2012).
- “Smoking, Life Expectancy, Disease Causations in Litigation,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2012).
- “Finding, Hiring, and Preparing an Expert Witness for Disclosure and Depositions,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2009).