- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Eastern Illinois University, M.A. in Political Science, 2012
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, B.S. in Political Science, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
John C. Hanson focuses his practice on the defense of litigation involving personal injury, products liability, insurance law, governmental matters, and election law.
Prior to joining HeplerBroom, Mr. Hanson served as a Madison County Assistant State’s Attorney, with experience in both civil and criminal matters. During his tenure, he brought a number of criminal prosecution jury trials to verdict. He also provided in-house counsel to the County on matters of governmental law, employment, and litigation.
In addition to his State’s Attorney experience, he handled the defense of commercial and toxic tort litigation as an associate in a large St. Louis metro-area firm.
- Alton-Wood River (IL) Bar Association
- President (February 2022-present)
- Clinton County (IL) Bar Association
- Madison County (IL) Bar Association
- 1st Vice President (2022-present)
- 2nd Vice President (2021-2022)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Hiram H. Lesar academic scholarship recipient
- Research Assistant to Professor George Mocsary
Other Professional Activities
- The Federalist Society
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Adjunct Lecturer in Political Science (2012-2013)