Robert G. S. Hartzer focuses his practice on insurance law.
While in law school, he clerked full time at the USEPA Region 5, Office of Regional Counsel. Prior to entering law school, he was a licensed property claims adjuster with a major insurer.
- Illinois Bar Association
Law School Honors/Involvement
- The John Marshall Law Review
- Moot Court Honors Society
- Stevens Inn of Phi Delta Phi
Published Legal Writing
- “Property Insurance Issues: COVID-19 and the Vacancy Exclusion,” Probate & Property (May/June 2021). (This article can be read here.)
- “How will COVID-19-Related Property Foreclosures Affect Property Insurance Claims?” HeplerBroom Blog (November 10, 2020). (This blog post can be read here.)
- “Uncovering Fraudulently Incorporated Professional Service Corporations,” Defense Research Institute Insurance Law Committee Newsletter, Vol. 30 Iss. 10 (November 14, 2019). (Co‑author)
- “Uncovering Fraudulently Incorporated Professional Service Corpora-
tions,” HeplerBroom Blog (October 22, 2019). (This blog post can be read here.)
- “Construing the Pollution Exclusion in Illinois,” Comment in 52 UIC J. Marshall L. Rev. 805 (2019).