| Firm News
Indiana Government Actions on Covid-19 - Updated 5/14/2020
Today’s update discusses:
- changed projections after reopening in effect
- new testing sites opening
- As previously reported, the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington projected that Indiana would experience 6,247 deaths by August 4 as a result of the state reopening the economy. Now, the model predicts many fewer deaths will occur. The latest projection is reduced by 2,429 deaths by August 4. Governor Holcomb assures residents the state is not gambling with their lives and that health officials are looking to many models to determine whether to continue efforts to reopen.
- Various Indiana Walmart stores will provide drive-thru COVID-19 testing, beginning May 15, in a joint effort with eTrueNorth. Residents must meet criteria established by the CDC, as well as state and local guidelines. The test will be self-administered, with the guidance of a health professional, while residents remain in their vehicles. Testing will take place on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the following locations:
- Indianapolis Walmart, 7245 Us 31 S, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Indianapolis Walmart, 3221 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268
- Indianapolis Walmart, 7325 N Keystone Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46240
- Camby Walmart, 8191 Upland Bend, Camby, IN 46113
- Greenwood Walmart, 1133 N Emerson Ave Rd, Greenwood, IN 46143
- Paoli Walmart, 735 N Gospel St, Paoli, IN 47454
To be screened for eligibility and to make an appointment, visit the online portal.