Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Fraud and Bad Faith Litigation
- University of Iowa, B.A.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Mr. Melton concentrates his practice in insurance defense and insurance coverage along with fraud and bad faith litigation. He has extensive civil litigation experience and has taken numerous cases to verdict.
Mr. Melton has also been involved in numerous uninsured and underinsured arbitrations both as counsel for the insurer and as an arbitrator.
Prior to joining HeplerBroom in 2016, he practiced with a regional full-service defense firm.
Professional Association Involvement
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016-2017)
- Volunteer tutor for Cabrini Connections since 2011