Area of Practice
- Environmental Law
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Tampa, B.S. in Biology, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
Joshua J. Houser focuses his practice in the area of environmental law, providing clients with compliance counseling, environmental permitting, and representation in enforcement and litigation matters. His experience involves a wide variety of state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
He previously practiced with the environmental law firm Hodge, Dwyer & Driver. In 2016, Hodge, Dwyer & Driver was merged into HeplerBroom.
Prior to law school, Mr. Houser spent several years working as an ecologist and environmental consultant with an engineering firm in Florida.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyer (2017-2018)
- Springfield Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" honoree (2018)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- CALI Award of Excellence in Advanced Legal Writing
- Dean’s List
- Environmental Law Society
- President’s List
- Research Assistant for Professor Kim Diana Connolly
- Southeastern Environmental Law Journal
- Senior Associate Editor
Published Legal Writing
“Clean Construction or Demolition Debris and Uncontaminated Soil Fill: What You Need to Know,” The Illinois Manufacturer (Summer 2018). (Co-author with HeplerBroom partner Jennifer M. Martin) (Read here.)
“Supplying the Light at the End of the Tunnel: Using State-Level Experience to Develop Federal-Level Renewable Energy Policy,” Southeastern Environmental Law Journal (Fall 2010).
“Hot Topics in Environmental Law: Water Permitting and Nonroad Engines,” Illinois Manufacturers’ Association (Naperville IL, 2016).