Areas of Practice
- Environmental Law
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Florida State University, B.S., 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Central District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
Katherine D. Hodge concentrates her practice in environmental law. She counsels clients regarding compliance with various new and existing requirements of federal and state environmental laws and regulations. She also represents and advises clients in all phases of environmental permitting and enforcement matters, as well as in regulatory relief proceedings. In particular, Ms. Hodge has assisted a number of industrial clients in Clean Air Act permitting projects, including major source and major modification permitting. She represents and advises clients, including industrial trade associations, in the development, negotiation, and implementation of new environmental programs.
Ms. Hodge serves as outside counsel to the Illinois Environmental Regulatory Group (IERG), an affiliate of the Illinois State Chamber of Commerce, and represents the association in regulatory proceedings before the Illinois Pollution Control Board and in negotiations with state and federal environmental agencies.
Previously, Ms. Hodge served as General Counsel and Executive Director of IERG. She represented large industrial company members in regulatory proceedings before the Illinois Pollution Control Board and in negotiations with state and federal environmental agencies. She also represented the association in litigation to challenge actions of state and federal agencies, provided advice to the association on environmental matters, and directed outside counsel and technical consultants on individual projects.
For 24 years, she was in private practice at the environmental law firm Hodge Dwyer & Driver, which she founded with Edward W. Dwyer. In 2016, Hodge Dwyer & Driver merged into HeplerBroom.
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman, Enviromental Affairs Committee
- Sangamon County Bar Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2018)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2009-2018)
- Advisory Board Member
- Top 10 Leading Environmental Lawyers in Illinois (2017)
- Top 10 Leading Women Real Estate-Related Lawyers in Illinois (2017)
- Top 10 Leading Downstate Real Estate-Related Lawyers in Illinois (2017)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2008-2015)