Areas of Practice
- Environmental Law
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Florida State University, B.S., 1982
- Illinois 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit 1991
Ms. Hodge concentrates her practice in environmental law. She counsels clients regarding compliance with various new and existing requirements of federal and state environmental laws and regulations. Ms. Hodge also represents and advises clients in all phases of environmental permitting and enforcement matters, as well as in regulatory relief proceedings. In particular, Ms. Hodge has assisted a number of industrial clients in Clean Air Act permitting projects, including major source and major modification permitting. She represents and advises clients and industrial trade associations in the development, negotiation and implementation of new environmental programs.
Ms. Hodge co-founded the law firm of Hodge & Dwyer in 1991, with her husband, Edward W. Dwyer, after serving five years as General Counsel for the Illinois Environmental Regulatory Group ("IERG"). Effective January 1, 2016, Ms. Hodge became a partner of HeplerBroom when the practice of Hodge, Dwyer & Driver was merged into that firm, thereby enhancing her ability to represent her clients.
Ms. Hodge continues to serve as outside counsel to IERG and represents the association in regulatory proceedings before the Illinois Pollution Control Board and in negotiations with state and federal environmental agencies.
Professional Association Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association.
Awards & Distinction
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2008-2015)
- Leading Lawyers Network
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Chairman of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce Environmental Affairs Committee