St. Louis, MO
Area of Practice
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Winthrop University, B.A. in Political Science, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Willie Lyles focuses his practice on cases involving civil litigation matters, including insurance law, personal injury, and auto accidents.
Prior to attending law school, Lyles served for 4½ years as a legislative assistant to the Honorable James E. Clyburn, assistant Democratic leader in the U.S. House of Representatives, and for 18 months as Deputy Chief of Staff/Legislative Director for the Honorable William L. Enyart, also of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Named to list of Top 25 “2017 Law Students of the Year” by The National Jurist magazine. (Nominations came from law schools across the country; The National Jurist chose the Top 25. To read the article detailing why Lyles was chosen, click here.)
- Delos L. Duty Scholarship (2015)
- Equal Justice Works Award (2015)
- Judge Richard E. Richman Endowed Scholarship (2015)
- Mike Lawrence Scholarship (2016)
- UC Davis Asylum and Refugee Law National Moot Court Competition Semi-Finalist (2017)