Areas of Practice
- Transportation Litigation
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Claims Against Municipal & State Governments
- Contractor Liability
- Construction Litigation
- Civil Rights Actions
- Aviation Accidents
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- University of Notre Dame, 1978
Mr. Reda has 32 years of experience in tort litigation. He has tried more than 100 civil jury trials in state and federal courts in Illinois and Missouri representing insured and self-insured entities. He has tried cases covering catastrophic trucking accidents and transportation litigation, products liability, premises liability, professional liability (doctors and health care providers, pharmacists, architects, engineers, attorneys and other professionals), claims against municipal and state governments, contractor liability, construction litigation, civil rights actions and aviation accidents.
Mr. Reda has appeared and argued cases before state and federal appellate courts and the Illinois Supreme Court. He has lectured at numerous seminars and conferences presenting topics related to trial advocacy. He is actively involved in alternative dispute resolution and has served as an arbitrator and mediator in many cases.
Professional Association Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (Trucking Law Committee Member)
- TIDA (Trucking Industry Defense Association)
- Bar Association of the Central and Southern Illinois Districts of the United States District Court
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MDOL)
Awards & Distinctions
- Leading Lawyers Network since 2003
- Personal Injury Defense Law: General
Published Legal Writing
- “The Bridge to Broker Liability,” In Transit, Defense Research Institute Trucking Law Committee Newsletter, March, 2015 (co-author with HeplerBroom associate Michael Harriss).
- "Let the Broker Beware: Illinois Appellate Court Affirms $23.8 Million Verdict Against Freight Broker," In Transit, Defense Research Institute Trucking Law Committee Newsletter, August, 2011 (co-author with HeplerBroom partner Michael Murphy).
- "Cautionary Trucking Tale: Attorney Involvement Critical to Accident Investigation," In Transit, Defense Research Institute Trucking Law Committee Newsletter, August, 2011.
- "Settling Defendants Will Not Appear on Illinois Verdict Forms," In Transit, Defense Research Institute Trucking Law Committee Newsletter, Winter, 2009 (co-author with HeplerBroom partner Michael Murphy).
- “Rapid Response Teams and On Site Investigations: The Front Line of Defense,” American Conference Institute’s 5th National Forum on Defending and Managing Trucking Litigation, March 24-25, 2015.