Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001
- Washington University-St. Louis, B.A. in Political Science, 1997
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Eastern District of Missouri
Noel L. Smith focuses his practice on trials involving complex business litigation matters, including toxic torts, product liability, construction law, and personal injury. He has tried cases to verdict in both Illinois and Missouri.
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Civil Practice & Procedure Section Council (2013-2014)
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2017-2018)
- Emerging Lawyer (2015-2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2009-2010)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Top grade in
- Contracts I
- Lawyering Skills I and II
- Constitutional Law
- First Amendment Rights
- Senior Seminar--Constitutional Law
Published Legal Writing
- Legalines® Corporations (2005). Co-author with Professor Mark R. Lee.
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “Discovery Related to Punitive Damages Claims in Illinois,” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Chicago IL, 2017).
- “Marketing & Client Development,” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Chicago IL, 2016).
- “The Rules of Evidence.” National Business Institute (Collinsville IL, 2015).
- “Succeeding as a Young Associate: Deposition Issues.” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Edwardsville IL, 2015).
- “Toxic Law Update,” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Edwardsville IL, 2013).