LaDonna Driver concentrates her practice in the area of environmental law. Her clients regularly benefit from her extensive experience with:
Environmental Statutes and Regulations
- Counsels clients on federal and Illinois compliance requirements, primarily involving air issues.
- Advises clients as to ongoing developments in environmental statutes and associated regulations.
- Assists clients in analyzing and responding to the impacts of changes in environmental requirements.
- Represents clients in proceedings for promulgation of regulations, challenges to regulations, and actions for regulatory relief.
- Advises clients in air construction permitting, including New Source Review.
- Consults with clients in all levels of air operating permits.
- Assists regulated entities in preparing permit applications and negotiating permit terms and conditions with the permitting agency.
- Consults in implementation of permit and regulatory requirements, including preparation of compliance and deviation reports.
- Assists industrial facilities in emissions trading.
- Represents clients in permit appeals.
Compliance and Enforcement
- Consults with clients in compliance investigations
- Assists with pre-enforcement processes.
- Represents clients in enforcement proceedings.
Ms. Driver was previously a partner with the environmental law firm Hodge, Dwyer & Driver. In 2016 that firm was merged into HeplerBroom.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, J.S., magna cum laude, 1994
- Rhodes College, B.A. in Biology, 1990
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Lake Michigan Section
- Sangamon County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2009-2023)
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Driver has conducted numerous presentations regarding state and federal environmental legislative and regulatory developments and impacts, as well as strategies for preparing for new environmental laws and regulations. She has also conducted several presentations on air permitting, compliance, and enforcement considerations regarding air requirements.