James A. Larson is an accomplished real estate and commercial litigation attorney whose practice extends throughout much of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. He focuses his real estate practice in the areas of property development, sales/acquisitions, leasing, title insurance defense, and other real estate litigation. He also maintains an extensive lender services practice focused on foreclosures, evictions, REO closings, bankruptcy, lender liability, and real estate litigation involving municipalities.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1987
- Iowa State University, B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications, 1982
Admissions & Affiliations
- Supreme Courts of
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Land Title Association
- Wisconsin Land Title Association
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- PNC Bank, National Association v. Jerzy Kusmierz, et al., 2022 IL 126606. (Opinion issued January 21, 2022.)
- Household Bank v. Lewis, 229 Ill. 2d 173 (2008).
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Larson speaks at numerous continuing legal education programs regarding Illinois land trusts, Section 2-1401 jurisdictional challenges, landlord-tenant law, and the role of title insurance in residential and commercial transactions.
- “The Role of Title Insurance in Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” National Business Institute (2015).