Holly C. Whitlock-Glave focuses her practice on civil litigation matters, including:
- Construction contract and risk transfer
- Construction injury & construction defect litigation
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Commercial general liability coverage
- Mechanics lien claims and litigation
Her primary focus is in the defense of complex, multi-party commercial construction litigation involving construction injury, construction defects, risk transfer, construction contract, risk management, general liability coverage issues, expert analysis and investigations, and settlement negotiations/alternative dispute resolution.
Ms. Whitlock-Glave handles daily issues encountered by general contractors/subcontractors, including personal injury claims, general liability insurance coverage/tenders, contract analysis, jobsite safety, OSHA requirements, underground and overhead utility work, electrical and mechanical systems and design, plumbing, and mechanics liens. She also serves as assistant outside general counsel for a multi-state commercial construction company and is part of the team that acts as national oversight counsel for general liability claims for numerous subsidiaries of Fortune 500 companies.
- Harper College, Nonprofit/Volunteer Management Leadership Certification, 2008
- Northern Illinois University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- Augustana College, Bachelors of Arts in Political Science, cum laude, 1993
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- Vice Justice
Admissions & Affiliations
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC)
- Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Construction Law Committee (2013-present)
- Chair (2017-present)
- Events Committee (2013-2014)
- Illinois Judges Association
- Trained counsel for Bringing the Courtroom to the Classroom
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Joint Committee, ISBA/IDC for mock civil trial
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers' list of “Ones to Watch” (2023-2024)
- Volunteer of the Year, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (2018)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Rise of the Machines: Artificial Intelligence in Construction,” Defense Research Institute and Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel seminar (Chicago 2020). (co-presenter)
- “Outline of the General Rule & Restatement 414 Exception Regarding Contractor's Liability,” Construction Worker Injuries: Responding to the Risk, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (Chicago, 2018).
- “The Technology Revolution in the Construction Industry: The Rise of Artificial Intelligence,” Monograph, IDC Quarterly, Vol. 29 No. 4 (2019).
- “Construction Law Monograph,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 28, No. 2 (2018). (Co-author)
- Construction Law Committee Editor, IDC Survey of Law (2016-present).
- Construction Law Committee Editor, IDC Quarterly (2017-present).