- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2020
- DePaul University, B.M. in Performing Arts Management, summa cum laude, 2017
Nicholas A. Scholz is a general practice attorney with a primary emphasis in commercial, corporate & business, estate planning, intellectual property, probate, and real estate law. Prior to joining HeplerBroom, he was one of the firm’s summer associates.
While attending law school, Mr. Scholz worked as a student attorney in the Washington University School of Law Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Clinic. This work provided him with a unique perspective into the intellectual property needs of startups and other newly formed enterprises.
He has also worked as an intern in the Washington, D.C., office of U.S. Senator Richard J. Durbin and interned with the non-profit arts organizations Eighth Blackbird and Fulcrum Point New Music Project in Chicago.
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- Trade Dress and Design Law
- Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property Clinic
- Dean’s List
- Washington University Law Review
- Senior Editor
Published Legal Writing
- “Be Our Licensee: The Distinction Between Licensees and Invitees Still Matters in Missouri,” HeplerBroom Blog (August 6, 2019)