- Saint Louis University, J.D. 2002
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Bachelor of Arts in Radio-Television, cum laude, 1992
- United States District Courts for the
- Southern District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Missouri
Dede K. Zupanci focuses her practice on healthcare defense litigation and regulatory matters, including:
- Physician & nursing professional liability
- Hospital premises liability
- Nursing license disciplinary actions
- Hospital regulation and compliance
Ms. Zupanci has represented clients in Illinois and Missouri, including metropolitan and rural hospitals, as well as nurses and physicians.
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Madison County Bar Association
- St. Louis Area Health Lawyers Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2017-2020)
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Rising Star (2012)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Illinois State Bar Association Scholarship
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review
- Notes and Comments
- Saint Louis University School of Law Scholarship
Published Legal Writing
- “Special Interrogatories in Suicide Cases: Objective vs. Subjective Standard,” Medical Malpractice Updates, IDC Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 2 (2019). (Co-author) (This article can be read here.)
- “Expand the List of Hospital Apparent Agents? The Illinois Supreme Court Says Not So Fast,” HeplerBroom Blog (May 2, 2018). (This blog post can be read here.)
- “Policy Prevails: The Illinois Supreme Court Declines to Expand Apparent Agency Claims Against Hospitals,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 28, No. 2 (2018). (Co-author) (This article can be read here.)
- "The Right to Privacy v. The Right to Assistance of Counsel: Balancing the Petrillo Doctrine in Medical Malpractice Cases,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 2 (2017). (Co-author) (This article can be read here.)
- “The Relevancy of a Medical Expert's Own Personal Practice,” IDC Quarterly, Vol. 26, No. 4 (2016). (This article can be read here.)
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “The Difficult Deposition: Strategies for Preparing Your Witness,” IDC Medical Malpractice Seminar (Chicago IL, 2018).
- “Pitfalls and Practice Tips for Working with Experts,” IDC Expert Witness Seminar (Chicago IL, 2017).
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and Ending the Physician-Patient Relationship,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2016).
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and the Importance of Charting in Litigation,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2015).
- “Illinois Medical Malpractice Update and Medical Charting Pitfalls,” Alton Memorial Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation (Alton IL, 2015).