HeplerBroom LLC has been deeply involved in tobacco litigation for well over a decade in some of the most treacherous venues for defendants in the United States.
The firm has:
- served as trial counsel for The Tobacco Institute in a nationally followed conspiracy and product liability trial in St. Clair County, Illinois
- served as trial counsel for R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company and Phillip Morris USA Inc.
- defended The Tobacco Institute in numerous healthcare recovery lawsuits in various venues
- handled both class action and individual cases for Phillip Morris USA Inc. and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
- been an integral part of Price v. Philip Morris USA Inc., the first “light cigarettes” class action case tried in the nation
Our tobacco litigation team actively participated in every aspect of these cases from initial planning and strategy, through discovery and trial, to the end of the appellate process.
We provide invaluable advice based on our 30+ years of experience litigating in Illinois’ and Missouri’s state and federal courts. In addition, we provide these excellent legal services in a cost-efficient manner, due in part to the fact that we:
- use state-of-the-art technology and communication resources to keep national trial and in-house counsel apprised of developments in their cases
- use sophisticated document management and case organization resources to minimize paper files