School & Education
HeplerBroom's experienced school law attorneys help school districts create policies to prevent problems. When litigation becomes necessary, we deliver creative, efficient, cost-effective resolutions of legal matters.
Sound Legal Advice for Complex, Evolving School Law Issues
Our attorneys have extensive experience guiding school administrators and school boards through the complex web of ever-changing laws and regulations applicable to educational institutions.
We work with school administrators and school boards on a variety of legal issues:
- Personnel and employment matters, including those involving employee contracts, employee or student handbooks, and allegations of employee misconduct
- Student discipline
- Misconduct claims, including allegations of sexual abuse and claims under Title IX and § 1983
Experienced Trial Lawyers
If litigation is required or appropriate, we aggressively represent our clients’ interests, frequently resolving the matter at the pre-trial stage with dispositive motions.
We have represented school districts, teachers, board members, and administrators in a variety of litigation matters in federal and state courts, such as:
- Premises liability claims involving injuries that may occur on school property
- Misconduct claims, including those involving school personnel who are accused of sexual misconduct, allegations of Title IX violations, and § 1983 claims
- Employment claims, including grievance proceedings, arbitrations, and litigation of employee claims