Sexual Abuse & Misconduct
Our attorneys offer the knowledge and experience to defend these complex claims.
Sexual abuse claims and clergy misconduct cases raise unique concerns for clients and require a deep understanding of complex discovery issues, evolving case law, and relevant experts in the field.
HeplerBroom attorneys have:
- Successfully defended those accused of sexual abuse and sexual misconduct, including:
- religious organizations
- adult volunteers
- Significant experience in defending historical abuse claims, including:
- claims that go back decades and often involve claims of “repressed memory.”
- Tried to verdict court cases involving sexual misconduct cases, including:
- a recent high-profile alleged clergy misconduct that resulted in a defense verdict.
- Successfully argued in the appellate courts throughout Missouri and Illinois, including:
- noteworthy cases that set forth the applicable statute of limitations standard in Missouri.
- | Speaking Engagement