Michael J. Chessler focuses his practice on complex business litigation matters, including asbestos and toxic tort litigation. Since 2004, he has represented mainly manufacturer and contractor clients in hundreds of cases pending in Illinois [including Madison, McLean (Bloomington) and Cook Counties] and Missouri [including St. Louis City and Jackson County (Kansas City)]. The numerous clients he has represented include Fortune 500 manufacturing companies. He has also tried a plaintiff’s Civil Rights case before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois.
Before joining Hepler Broom, Mr. Chessler practiced in Washington, DC focusing on Customs and International Trade law for a boutique law firm.
- The John Marshall Law School, n/k/a UIC John Marshall Law School, 1995
- The George Washington University, B.A. in Political Communications, 1990
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- Corpus Juris Secondum Award for Scholastic Excellence in Torts
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Madison County (Illinois) Bar Association
- "Spoliation of Evidence," IDC Defense Update on Civil Practice and Procedure (2009).