Timothy P. Collins focuses his practice on commercial and insurance coverage litigation, with an emphasis on creditor’s rights, real property and business disputes, and general corporate matters.
He has extensive litigation experience representing parties in complex legal matters, including residential, commercial, and mechanic’s lien foreclosures; title insurance defense claims; quiet title actions; breach of contract claims; eviction proceedings; and actions for declaratory and equitable relief. His experience extends to all areas of business and real estate litigation, including enforcing restrictive covenants and advising clients on municipal code violations, condominium law, and leasing disputes.
In addition to his litigation background, Mr. Collins advises clients on estate planning matters. He also represents individuals and institutional investors in both residential and commercial real estate transactions. Furthermore, he advises businesses on matters of corporate structuring and business formation.
- The John Marshall Law School, n/k/a UIC John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2013
- University of Illinois, B.A. in History, 2009
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Pathways to Success,” Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois webinar (2022).
- “Business Transactional Matters, Including Buy-Sell Transactions and Contractual Agreements,” Chicago Dental Society’s “New Dentist Event,” (2022).