M. Brendhan Flynn
M. Brendhan Flynn is a litigation attorney with a primary emphasis on insurance coverage, professional liability defense, and professional ethics. He represents insurers in complex coverage and bad faith matters and has advised insurers in drafting policy language and developing claims best practices. He also defends lawyers and other professionals in malpractice suits and in disciplinary proceedings. In addition, Mr. Flynn advises law firms and lawyers regarding complex legal and ethical issues.
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2005
- Earlham College, B.A. in History, 2000
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- Indiana Law Journal
- Articles Editors
- Order of the Coif
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Won summary judgment in a legal malpractice case based on obtaining admissions from Plaintiff showing that she knew of her alleged injury prior to the statutory period of sue.
- Secured summary judgment for insurance company in matter involving prior notice of potential claim under claims made lawyer’s professional liability policy; upheld on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment for lawyer based on lack of duty owed to employee of lawyer’s client; upheld on appeal.
- Won appeal affirming probate court judgment enforcing successor provisions of irrevocable trust as directed by first trustee’s power of appointment.
- "In Defense of Maroni: Why Parents Should be Allowed to Proceed Pro Se in IDEA Cases,” Indiana Law Journal (Vol. 80:3, Article 7).