Eric P. Hall focuses his practice on trials involving complex business litigation matters including toxic torts, product liability, and personal injury. He also handles cases involving music law contracts and trademarks.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign, B.A. in English, 1997
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- Southern Illinois University Law Review
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Western District of Missouri
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Madison County (Illinois) Bar Association
Other Professional/Civic Involvement
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers
- Voting Member of The Recording Academy (GRAMMYS)
- Mr. Hall devotes his time to providing pro bono legal assistance to area amateur boxers and trainers.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America (2018-2024)
- "Lawyer of the Year" – Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions–Defendants (St. Louis) (2022, 2024)
- Illinois Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2013-2014)
- Illinois Leading Lawyers (2018-2023)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- "Current Trends, Procedures, and Practices in St. Clair County, IL," HarrisMartin's Midwest Asbestos Litigation Conference (St Louis MO, 2022).
“50 Things You Must Know to Defend an Asbestos Case,” HeplerBroom University (2022).
“How to Prepare a Toxic Tort Case,” HeplerBroom University (2021).
“Client Relation Skills 101,” HeplerBroom University (2021).
- “How to Defend Asbestos Cases Based on Circumstantial Evidence,” DRI’s 40th Asbestos Medicine Seminar (virtual, 2020).
- “Remote Proceedings in Madison County in 2020 and Beyond,” HarrisMartin's Midwest Asbestos Litigation (virtual, 2020).
- “When the Dust Settles on Music and the Law,” DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar (Austin TX, 2018).
- “Debunking the ‘Reptile’ Strategy,” Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar (Orlando FL, 2017).
- “Current Trends in Medical Defenses & Trial Strategy in Asbestos Litigation,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2015).
“Frye & Daubert: Issues on Admissibility of Expert Testimony,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2014).
“Developing a Corporate Story and Defending Against a State-of-the-Art Expert,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2013).
“Expert Witnesses: The Key to the Case and Discovery and Evidence in Toxic Tort Cases,” National Business Institute, Inc. (2013).
“Erionite: Are We Finished Talking Turkey?” Included in Talc, Erionite and Zeolite: Contamination and Alternative Exposures – Not Always What They Seem, DRI Asbestos Medicine (2012).
“Smoking, Life Expectancy, Disease Causations in Litigation,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2012).
“Finding, Hiring, and Preparing an Expert Witness for Disclosure and Depositions,” HeplerBroom University (Edwardsville IL, 2009).
- | Speaking Engagement
- | Speaking Engagement
- “Vanquishing the Reptile and Using the Reverse Reptile Strategy,” IDC Quarterly (2nd Quarter 2016).
- “It Runs in the Family: Genetics and Cancer,” The Illinois Manufacturer (Summer 2012).
- “Erionite: And You Thought Crocidolite Was Bad?” DRI Asbestos Medicine (Nov. 2008). (Co-Author)