Adam S. McGonigle
Adam S. McGonigle is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice on defending individuals, businesses, and insurers in cases involving automobile and truck accidents, products and premises liability, insurance coverage, and asbestos, benzene, and silica exposures.
Mr. McGonigle has extensive litigation and trial experience in some of the most difficult defense jurisdictions in the country.
- College of William & Mary School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Kansas, B.A. in Political Science, 2010
LAW SCHOOL HONORS/INVOLVEMENT
- William & Mary Law Review
- Lead Articles Editor
Admissions & Affiliations
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois Trucking Organization
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Trucking Organization
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Executive Committee
- Obtained favorable verdict in admitted liability automobile accident case. Court awarded costs to McGonigle’s client after jury returned award of only $6,500, which was less than the pre-trial offer of judgment. Plaintiff had asked for $100k.
- Obtained defense verdict for dairy company in wrongful death case arising out of truck/automobile accident (second chair; Peoria County, Illinois). Plaintiff asked for $15 million. Defense proved truck driver was not defendant’s agent.
- Obtained court order requiring plaintiff to pay $30,000 in defense costs in asbestos case after plaintiff sought to dismiss case on eve of trial after her expert was stricken.
- Secured favorable jury verdict in trip-and-fall case (second chair; Greene County, Illinois). Plaintiff asked for $1 million. Jury returned verdict for substantially less than Plaintiff’s medical bills.
- Secured summary judgment for insurance company in matter involving insurance policy purchased after insured’s vehicle was stolen.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict in rear-end auto accident case involving severe head injury (second chair; St. Louis County, Missouri). Plaintiff asked for $5 million; jury returned verdict for $150,000.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers' list of “Ones to Watch” (2021-2023)
- | Firm News
- | Blog
- | Blog
- | Blog
- | Blog
- “Data Downloads: Evidence Defense Lawyers Must Obtain,” TIDA Newsletter (Summer 2021). (Co-author). (This article can be read here.)
- “Applying Equitable Estoppel to ERISA Pension Benefit Claims,” 54 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 627 (2012).