Anne B. Schmidt focuses her practice in the toxic tort area, including asbestos lawsuits involving products and premises liability.
She has over 25 years of experience in defense litigation and has tried numerous civil jury and nonjury cases in state courts in Illinois and Missouri. She has also appeared and argued cases before State appellate courts in Illinois and Missouri
- Washington University School of Law-St. Louis, J.D., 1984
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, B.S. in Business Administration, cum laude, 1976
Admissions & Affiliations
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Products Liability Committee, Co-Chairman
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County (Illinois) Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2015-2023)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- HarrisMartin Midwest Asbestos Conference (2008-2010, 2019).
- "Federal Preemption Defenses in Product Liability Suits: A Continuing Evaluation,” Monograph published by IDC Quarterly, Vol. 21, No. 1 (2011). (Co-author).