- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Drake University, B.A. in English with Spanish minor, magna cum laude, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
W. Jason Rankin focuses his practice on trials involving complex litigation matters, including class actions, pharmaceutical litigation, product liability, banking litigation, and insurance defense. He regularly represents clients in multi-million-dollar litigation relating to nationwide class actions and product liability claims. Mr. Rankin has represented clients in Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina and obtained favorable jury verdicts and arbitration awards on behalf of the defendants.
Petition for Certiorari
- Defense Research Institute
- Chair, Class Action Specialized Litigation Group (Chair)
- Class Actions Seminar - Latest Developments in Law and Practice (Program Chair)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Madison County (Illinois) Bar Association
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2016-2021)
- 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” - Product Liability Litigation–Defendants (St. Louis)
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2015-2020)
- Illinois Super Lawyer (2012-2020)
- Rising Star (2011)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Washington University Journal of Urban and Contemporary Law
- Associate Editor
Published Legal Writing
- "Are Class Action Counterclaims Removable Under CAFA?" DRI (March 2, 2011). (Co-author)
- "CAFA Removal in the Seventh Circuit," The Business Suit, DRI (November 21, 2008). (Co-author)
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “Practical Application of E-Discovery in Illinois.” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Seminar (Chicago IL, 2015).
- “Latest Developments in Law and Practice,” DRI Class Actions Seminar (Washington D.C., 2015).
- “A Review of Recent Class Action Fairness Act (CAFA) Decisions,” DRI Business Litigation Seminar (Chicago IL, 2013).