- Washington University School of Law-St. Louis, J.D., 1984
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, B.S. in Business Administration, cum laude, 1976
Anne B. Schmidt focuses her practice in the toxic tort area, including asbestos lawsuits involving products and premises liability.
She has over 25 years of experience in defense litigation and has tried numerous civil jury and nonjury cases in state courts in Illinois and Missouri. She has also appeared and argued cases before State appellate courts in Illinois and Missouri
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Co-Chairman for the Products Liability Committee
- Madison County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2015-2020)
Published Legal Writing
- "Federal Preemption Defenses in Product Liability Suits: A Continuing Evaluation,” Monograph published by IDC Quarterly, Vol. 21, No. 1 (2011). (Co-author). (This monograph can be read here.)
- HarrisMartin Midwest Asbestos Conference (2008-2010, 2019).