- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Illinois-Champaign, B.S. in Agronomy, with Honors, 1998
- United States District Courts for the
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
Stephanie W. Weiner focuses her practice on civil litigation and risk transfer, with a focus on construction injury and defect, commercial general liability coverage, trucking litigation, premises liability, defense of municipal tort claims, and insurance-related matters. She also serves as assistant outside general counsel for a large multi-state commercial construction company and handles general liability claims for subsidiaries of a Fortune 500 company.
She has taken a number of jury trials to verdict in various counties across northern Illinois and has also successfully resolved many matters through mediation and arbitration. In addition, Ms. Weiner has experience defending employment discrimination claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Construction Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
Award, Honors & Distinctions
- Illinois Leading Lawyer (2020)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Rodin Scholarship Recipient (Spring 2001)
- Cooney and Conway Scholarship Recipient (Spring 2001)
Other Professional Activities
Faculty member, Roosevelt University (Chicago IL)
Published Legal Writing
- “Illinois Governor Vetoes Initial Bill Providing for Pre-Judgment Interest to Personal Injury Plaintiffs; Revised Legislation is Pending,” HeplerBroom Blog (March 30, 2021). (This blog post can be read here.)
- “Illinois HB 3360 Would Increase Pre-Judgment Interest to Personal Injury Plaintiffs,” HeplerBroom Blog (March 9, 2021). (This blog post can be read here.)
- Co-author, “Illinois Enacts Anti-Indemnity Legislation in Snow and Ice Removal Contracts,” NSPII News (National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators, Fall 2016). (Full article available here.)
Legal Lectures & Presentations
- “Risk Transfer in Construction: A Primer for Today, and Thoughts for the Future,” HB CPCU Insurance Law and Coverage Seminar (Chicago, 2019).