St. Louis, MO
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- DePauw University, B.A. in Political Science, with Honors, 1979
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the
- District of Columbia Circuit
- 7th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
- 10th Circuit
- District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the
- District of Columbia
- Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
Glenn E. Davis handles complex litigation and business counseling issues in a broad range of contexts:
- Antitrust, distribution & franchise litigation
- Antitrust business counseling & compliance
- Business, corporate, and shareholder litigation
- Securities, RICO, and stock drop class action defense
- Corporate governance, compliance, and internal investigations
- Consumer class action defense
- Cybersecurity & privacy protection and litigation
- Intellectual property litigation
He engages in complex antitrust issues in a broad range of contexts: joint venture arrangements; distribution arrangements; pricing and price discrimination; evaluation of mergers, including Hart-Scott-Rodino compliance and analyses of efficiencies and market power; monopolization and predatory conduct allegations; responses to Department of Justice Antitrust Division and Federal Trade Commission investigations; intellectual property-antitrust issues; healthcare antitrust; trade association activities; private civil litigation, including class actions and alternative dispute resolution; criminal antitrust and other white-collar crime matters; corporate and individual disclosure and leniency policies; and internal investigations and corporate compliance programs.
Mr. Davis leads HeplerBroom’s HBCyberGroup, which provides interdisciplinary services to address information security challenges before, during, and after a cyber intrusion or data breach. Working with leading forensic “white hat” experts, data infrastructure firms, insurance brokers, and reputation management/PR firms, he offers a range of coordinated services scaled to clients’ individual needs and circumstances.
He regularly represents numerous defendants in corporate and securities litigation matters, including closely held corporation shareholder disputes and shareholder class actions involving public companies. In recent years, he has obtained dismissals of several corporate and individual officer and director defendants in three stock drop class actions, including affirmance by the Eighth Circuit in two of them.
He has broad experience in the area of internal corporate investigations and has conducted several internal investigations for audit committees concerning insider trading, financial reporting and accounting irregularity issues, false claims, Medicare fraud, professional sports performance-enhancing drug usage, and qui tam matters. He completed a recent investigation and voluntary disclosure plan for a Fortune 500 company that resulted in a declination of prosecution in a complicated false claims, scientific fraud, and false testing matter.
In addition to his bar admissions, Mr. Davis has litigated in administrative tribunals such as hearings and investigative proceedings with the Federal Trade Commission, as well as the Securities Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- American Bar Association
- Antitrust Section
- Business Law Section
- Litigation Section
- Franchise Law Forum
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International League of Competition Law
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Senior Fellow
- Barrister, Order of Justitia
- Diversity Law Institute
- Trial Law Institute
- Trial Lawyer Honor Society
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Supreme Court Historical Society
Awards, Honors & Distinctions
- AV Preeminent® Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2003-2022)
- Lawyer of the Year - Antitrust Law (St. Louis) (2016, 2018, 2021)
- Lawyer of the Year - Antitrust Litigation (St. Louis) (2015, 2019, 2022)
- Lawyer of the Year - Franchise Law (St. Louis) (2014, 2020)
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer (2005-2020)
- Top 100 Super Lawyers for the Missouri/Kansas region (2011)
- Top 50 in St. Louis (2012)
Law School Honors/Involvement
- Washington University Law Quarterly
- Notes & Comments Editor
Published Legal Writing/Legal Lectures & Presentations
Mr. Davis has lectured and published for numerous legal, professional, corporate, and trade groups in the areas of cybersecurity, professional liability, securities regulation and antitrust compliance, intellectual property, and distribution law matters. Book chapters and articles he’s written on antitrust, cybersecurity, class action, and securities litigation topics have been published by the ABA Antitrust Law Section, the Missouri Bar, the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis.
Representative/Recent Case Results
- Significant arbitration award for a private investor in a FINRA arbitration proceeding against a major brokerage firm and its registered representative. Confidential (2019).
- Dismissal of wrongful death, premise liability case against international franchisor and its international master franchisee for incidents occurring in Amman, Jordan. Ammad Hersh, et al. v. CKE Restaurants Holdings, Incl., et al. (E.D. Mo. 2019).
- Enforcement of franchise arbitration provision and dismissal of national RICO class action against national franchisor; affirmed on appeal by the Eighth Circuit. Torres v. Simpatico, Inc., (E.D.Mo. 2014)
- Dismissal of public company in securities fraud claim action, Patel v. MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (E.D. Mo. 2010); affirmed on appeal, Minneapolis Firefighters Relief Ass’n. v. MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (8th Cir. 2011).
- Arbitration Award for Medicine Shoppe International (Cardinal Health) against franchisee for wrongful termination and breach of franchise agreement; award of $472,000 in future royalties (2010).
Other Professional Activities
- Judicial Learning Center, Eagleton Courthouse (Eastern District of Missouri)
- President (2012-2017)
- Washington University Law School Eliot Society
- Chair (2014-2017)
- Washington University Olin Business School
- Lecturer, Antitrust Economics & Law (2007-2009)